Yoga Nanda & Yoga Polarity Center are communities where students explore and practice the ancient tools of transformation grounded in the 8-limbed path of yoga. Joining body, mind and spirit, we unite with our larger collective in compassion and service.
The 500 Hour Certification will require the completion of the Core Curriculum and the Mentorship Program. Through the synergy of the Core Program and the Mentorship program, students will broaden their perspective, refine their skills, and gain a new appreciation of who they are as teachers.”
Core Curriculum with Wendy Newton and Peter Ferko – 150 Hours
“The Core Program provides the basis for emerging teachers from a range of yogic backgrounds to deepen their understanding of yoga philosophy and refine their awareness of how apply yogic practice for transformation and growth. The Core Program facilitates an expansion of the yogic knowledge base to allow teachers to grow as practitioners and practitioners to grow as teachers. The Core Program covers a broad range of topics, including physical and energetic alignment principles, energetically appropriate hands-on adjustments, philosophy of tantra, pranayama and meditation techniques, and sequencing.
Core Curriculum Schedule & Requirements
– Students may choose to attend the required Core Sessions with Wendy and Peter on EITHER Tuesdays OR Fridays as noted below.
– Students will be required to attend 10 yoga classes with Wendy during the course of the training.
– Students will be required to assist in a 200 Hour Teacher Training Program at either Yoga Nanda or Yoga Polarity Center.
- Required Reading List:
– Tuesdays 9:30am – 2:30pm at Yoga Nanda Garden City –
October 10th, 24th, November 14th, 28th, December 12th, 19th, January 9th, 23rd, 30th, February 6th, 27th, March 13th, 27th, April 10th, 24th, May 1st, 8th, 29th, June 5th, 19th, 23rd
– Friday Evenings 6:30pm – 9:30pm at Yoga Polarity Center –
October 13th, 27th, November 3rd,10th, 17th, December 8th, 15th, January 5th, 12th, 26th, February 2nd, 9th, 16th, March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, April 13th, 20th, 27th, May 11th, 18th, 25th, June 1st, 9th, 16th
Wendy Newton is a senior trainer in the teacher training programs of ISHTA Yoga, The Yoga and Polarity Center, and the Long Island Institute of Yoga Therapy. Wendy is a life-long yoga practitioner, writer, and Yoga/Polarity Therapist with a private practice in Freeport and Manhattan. She has studied with Kavi Yogiraj Alan Finger since 2002, and has been initiated by Alan into the ISHTA Yoga lineage as Yogiraj, or yoga master. Wendy is co-author of The Tantra of the Yoga Sutras with Alan Finger, due out by Shambhala Publications in spring 2018, and conducts workshops and training on this and other yoga and polarity-related topics. In her work with private clients, Wendy combines iSHTA Yoga with Polarity Therapy to provide a comprehensive and transformative path for people to bring their yoga off the mat and into their lives.
Peter Ferko began practicing yoga more than twenty years ago at Alan Finger’s Yoga Works in Los Angeles. He studied there with Rod Stryker and Patricia Townsend. He studied meditation with Paramahansa Yogananda’s Self Realization Fellowship where he learned Kriya Yoga techniques. Peter sampled Iyengar and Ashtanga styles before landing back with Alan Finger’s ISHTA Yoga (Integrated Science of Hatha, Tantra, and Ayurveda) upon moving to New York in 1999. After decades of practice, he obtained the Yoga Alliance ERYT-500-hour teaching certification and now teaches both students and teacher trainees. Peter’s approach uses the tools of yoga to expand our awareness of the perfection we all share at our core. With attention to breath, alignment and the elemental essences described in tantra yoga, Peter guides students to a grace and efficiency in their practice that carries over into every aspect of life.
Mentorship / Practicum Program with Mindy Frenkel – 150 Hours
In the Mentorship Program, students will be challenged to bring their many aspects of their practice on and off the mat into the classroom to create not just instruction, but a space for transformation. This aspect of the training will translate the core curriculum into an experiential way of sharing the teaching with your students. You will cultivate the skills to connect with your inner self in order to lead each class as a journey within itself formulated from the foundation of your personal practice. The Mentorship is a continuing practicum of the core curriculum content.
Mentorship / Practicum Program Requirements
– Mentorship Sessions will be held on Sundays 11:00am – 4:00pm at either Yoga Polarity Center or Yoga Nanda Garden City
– Students will also be required to attend 30 classes with Mindy over the course of the training
- Required Reading List
- Fundamentals of Yoga- by Sri Brahmananda Saraswati
- Jivamukti Yoga Practices for Liberating Body and Soul Sharon Gannon- by David Life
- Siddhartha- by Herman Hesse
Mentorship / Practicum Program Schedule
– Sundays –
October 22nd, November 12th, December 10th, January 14th, February 14th, March 4th, April 15th, May 6th, June 3rd, 24th
***additional possible practicum retreat to be advised***
Mindy Frenkel is a celebrated yoga teacher known for her inspirational style of teaching that incorporates a challenging vinyasa flow with emphasis on proper alignment. Mindy’s passion for yogic philosophy is the hallmark of her teaching style. She incorporates yogic reflectionsm chanting mantra & meditation into her classes as well as the physical aspects of the practice. Her many Mentors and teachers include Alan Finger, Erich Schiffman, Seane Corn, Max Strom, & Saul-David-Ray, Sharon Ganon and David Life. Most recently, Mindy’s life has been profoundly influenced by her encounter with her Guru and spiritual guide, Manorama with whom she has been studying “The Path of the Luminous Shabda.” This includes language in Sanskrit, Mantra, Meditation & yoga philosophy.
- Full Tuition for Core Curriculum and Mentorship / Practicum Program: $5000 – includes 10 classes with Wendy and 30 classes with Mindy during the training
- $500 non-refundable deposit sue by September 30th
- Remaining $4500 charged monthly on the 15th of each month for 10 months – $450/month
- Final payment due prior to practicum in June 2018
- Tuition for Core Curriculum only: $3000 – includes 10 classes with Wendy during the training
- $500 non-refundable deposit due by September 30th
- Remaining $2500 charged monthly on the 15th of each month for 10 months – $250/month
- Tuition for Mentorship / Practicum Program only: $2000 – includes 30 classes with Mindy during the training
- $500 non- refundable deposit due by September 30th
- Remaining $1500 charged monthly on the 15th of each month for 10 months – $150/month
- Practicum retreat is NOT included in this tuition
- Cancellation Policy: If a student cancels prior to the start of the program and the spot is filled with another student the deposit will be refunded
- Withdrawal – If a student withdraws from the program the monthly charges will discontinue. Students will be permitted to reenter the program within 18 months from the point they withdrew
In order to receive a 500 hour Certification you will be required to complete the following:
All training sessions for the Core Curriculum and Mentorship Program
All out of classroom assignments and readings
Needs to be submitted before September 25th. Once reviewed, an interview will be scheduled with Heather Principe.
Please ring Heather at 516-662-7878 or Cara at 516-398-0330 with any questions you may have