At One Love Long Island 2018, 20 Yoga Studio Communities from across Long Island will unite with common breath, compassion & the practice of yoga to raise awareness and funds in support of organizations that work to eradicate the horrific practice of human trafficking. This year the monies raised will go to Puresa Humanitarian who continues to provide refuge, rehabilitation, & economic opportunities to survivors of trafficking globally, United We Om in an effort to positively impact the lives of families suffering from addiction, by using the funds raised to create Karma Yoga Projects specifically serving those affected by the current epidemic going on right here on Long Island, and as always OLLI works in collaboration with Off the Mat into the World to support their continued work using yoga to inspire conscious sustainable activism and ignite grassroot social change.
Date: Saturday, September 22nd
Venue: Sands Point Preserve
The Day’s Program
- 8:15 – 8:45am – Check in
- 8:45 – 9:00am – OLLI 2017 Intro
- 9:00 – 10:30am – 108 Sun Salutations – Global Mala – Metta Meditation – Live music with Transmorpheous
- 10:30 – 11:00am – Gathering with Giselle Meza of Puresa Humanitarian
- 11:00am – 12:00pm – Performance by The Drummatics and Hooping with Allison Lerman
- 12:00 -1:00pm – 5 Class Offerings
- 1:00 – 2:00pm – Trance Dance and Live Music with Elyse Neuhauser and Transmorpheous
- 2:00 – 3:00pm – 4 Class Offerings
- 3:00pm – Closing Kirtan with Mindra and the harmonium
*** Live Music Performances *** Drum Circle *** Meditation *** Henna Artist *** Face Painting *** Vendor Booths & Activities galore throughout the day!!!
$72/ticket – every ticket holder receives a:
One Love Long Island Class Pass
1 FREE CLASS at every Participating Studio!!!! 20 Studios – 20 FREE Classes
(***all classes must be used prior to event day****).
Ticket holders who attend a class at every studio prior to the OLLI festival will be entered to receive a special prize. Simply take a picture of yourself after class at each participating studio, post, tag, and shout out the studio and One Love Long Island on Facebook and or Instagram.